King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Chilvers stay on trail of another Norfolk Cup final
In the Norfolk Intermediate Cup, Chilvers thumped Thetford Rangers 5-1, as they continued their bid to reach a County Final for the second year running.
David Yallop, Ashley Keegan, Mikey Woodhouse, James Tricks and an OG scored their goals.
Pott Row Old Boys smashed Eagles FC 7-1 at home. The result was never in doubt as Row scored five before Eagles replied. Lee Clarke (2), Graham Barlow, Danny Littlewood, Andy Fysh, Matty Anderson and an OG saw them through.
England's Hope had a sterner test at home to Chapelfields of Norwich, and showed their qualities to win 4-2. Ben Jimson and Ryan Peacock scored one each and Joe Whyborn notched a brace.
Terrington beat Costessey Sports 9-1 with goals from Neil Goodbourn (4), Matty Prudence (2), Robert Palmer, Luke Tordoff and player-manager Gavin Caney.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn Napier continued their recent form with a 9-0 thumping of Stoke FC. Rocky Mayes drilled a free-kick into the top corner and there were braces for Sam Moses, Shaun Gurney, Ryan Juby and Brad Key. The ever-green Robbie Edwards made his Nap debut.
In the Norfolk Junior Cup the league's only side to get knocked out was in an all-Lynn affair, as FANG beat William Burt 4-2. Chez Rust converted a penalty and Jamie Buhlemann added before Alex Oughton got a brace, including a long range beauty. Ben Ridgwell and Terence Wilkin replied for Burt.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Maltings won 4-3 in a tricky tie at Brooke, near Diss, to reach the quarter-finals. Mark Vice, Corey Brady (2) and Jack Johnson all netted in a ding-dong affair. Fowler also won 4-3 to ditch Shipdham Rangers in another closely fought encounter with goals from Tyler Webber, Wayne Plummer and Nathan Watson scoring (2).
In the Cambs Centenary Cup March Saracens won 6-5 at Estover Road with goals from Dayne Moore (2), Alan Talmage, Jermaine Watson, James Smith and Alan Setchell.
In a re-arranged League Cup tie Adrian Flux beat Maides Head 8-1 with a hat-trick from Josh Bull and further goals from Charles Larkin (2), Glen Botting, Rian Benefer and Patrick Barrett.