Robert Lambert to skipper King’s Lynn Stars for new season
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngster Robert Lambert has been handed the captaincy at King's Lynn.
The move completes a remarkable turnaround for the 19-year-old Norfolk racer, who was on the verge of quitting the club during the winter with interest from Premiership rivals.
But he's thrilled to be handed the role by Tru Plant Stars boss Dale Allitt, who first worked with him in the Young Stars side back in 2013.
Said Lambert: 'I'm delighted and very honoured to be awarded the captaincy of a great club like King's Lynn for a second season.
'It was so hard at times last year because we had so many ups and downs and I had to carry a lot of the responsibility on my shoulders, but I'm expecting a lot more this year.
You may also want to watch:
'I feel I have earned my team place and the captaincy and when Dale asked me I was thrilled to accept immediately.
'I think we have a great team this year with lads who are very determined to do the best for the team as well as themselves.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
'The future looks bright for King's Lynn, I've been very impressed with the way things have happened so far in the build-up to the new season.
'There's been a lot of new, fresh ideas and plans and I hope all the new things brought to the club will be viewed as a positive and we can enjoy lots of success this year.'
Lynn bosses have also appointed experienced Australian racer Ty Proctor as vice-captain.
Manager Allitt said: 'Ty is a good character who has fitted in with the rest of the team very nicely.
'He's a good rider and we are pleased to have him at King's Lynn, he will be great for team spirit.'
Stars will also include young racer Josh Bailey as part of their squad this season in the stand-by number eight role.
'Josh deserves the chance to become more involved,' said Allitt.
'We will have him at a lot of our meetings and if circumstances allow he will get rides here and there. He will benefit from the experience and we are delighted to have him as part of the group.'
Stars squad: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Robert Lambert, Kasper Andersen, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Kerr, Ty Proctor, Lewis Rose. Josh Bailey.