King’s Lynn skipper Robert Lambert looks to cap an ‘unforgettable year’
King's Lynn skipper Robert Lambert admits there would be no better way to cap off an unforgettable year than by having some silverware to show for their efforts.
The Stars have reached the Knockout Cup Final and travel to Somerset on Wednesday (October 17, 7.30) with the deciding leg at the Adrian Flux Arena 24-hours later (Thursday, October 18, 7.30).
Despite topping the top-flight standings for the first time in the club's history this year, the Norfolk outfit were forced to settle for silver medals as they were pipped to league glory by Poole in last week's Grand Final.
But Lambert insists it's been a year to be proud of for the Stars and says he and his team-mates are up for the cup.
'This is the best season the Stars have ever had – especially since I first joined the club,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'Obviously we're all gutted not to win the league in the end, but I guess you have to look at the positives – and for me there are still plenty.
'We've still got the Knockout Cup to play for though and we need to give it everything we've got to try and make sure we get the trophy so that we've got something to show for what has been a much better year for the Stars and it's the least we deserve.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
Danish ace Niels-Kristian Iversen returns to the Stars' line-up after missing last week's Grand Final while flying Finn Tero Aarnio steps in for injured reserve Michael Palm Toft.
SOMERSET: Jason Doyle, Aaron Summers, Charles Wright, Richard Lawson, Chris Harris, Jake Allen, Nico Covatti.
KING'S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Erik Riss, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Tero Aarnio, Simon Lambert.