King’s Lynn Stars ready for the World Speedway League stage
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars will embark on a European adventure next month after landing a place at a showcase meeting.
Rob Lyon's Elite League charges will represent Great Britain in the one-off World Speedway League meeting in Poland on April 25. Their opponents on the night will be Polish giants Gorzow, Swedish club Vetlanda and Holsted from Denmark.
The trio won their respective leagues last season while Lynn, who finished second and exited the play-offs at the semi-final stage, take the place of British champions Poole after they withdrew.
The four-team, 20-heat meeting is being held at the Edward Jancarz Stadium in Gorzow – one of the sport's most impressive venues.
But the staging of the event at that track has caused a major blow for Lynn. Number one Niels-Kristian Iversen rides for the hosts and will therefore have to compete for them, not his English team, on the night.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known what colours the Stars' Nicklas Porsing – also a Holsted team member – will don during the same event.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction