King’s Lynn Stars hope to see guest Chris Harris fire at Leicester Lions
- Credit: IAN BURT
Grand Prix racer Chris Harris will guest ride for the King's Lynn Stars tonight at Leicester.
The Great Britain regular, who usually competes for Lynn's rivals Coventry, comes into the side to fill the massive void left by injured number one Niels-Kristian Iversen. But he will not be at the head of the team as the Stars look to boost their chances of finishing top of the Elite League table by beating the Lions ahead of the end-of-season play-offs.
Kenneth Bjerre continues as the Stars' top gun while Harris – who has had a recent upturn in form – rides at number three. Reserve Simon Lambert makes his 2014 debut for the club since joining as a replacement for the injured Lewis Rose. The Brit will take on the number seven position and partner Lewis Kerr at reserve.
Leicester themselves will be keen for a victory as they try to avoid finishing bottom of the pile.
Leicester: 1 Jason Doyle, 2 Sam Masters (Guest), 3 Mads Korneliussen, 4 Nicolai Klindt, 5 Craig Cook (G), 6 Tom Perry (G), 7 Max Clegg
You may also want to watch:
Stars: 1 Kenneth Bjerre, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Chris Harris (G), 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Simon Lambert
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub