King’s Lynn Stars and Rory Schlein finally get a lucky break
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars have finally received some good news after it was confirmed Rory Schlein hasn't actually broken his leg.
The former Australian international was left contemplating a long off-season after Polish doctors diagnosed the injury after he fell while racing for Lodz in the Polish first division last month.
It was the latest in a long line of injury problems for the Stars, whose management had been in the process of finding a replacement for the Down Under ace. But after learning of the monumental mix-up, Schlein can now return to the team when he is declared fit – which could potentially be as early as Monday's trip to Eastbourne Eagles.
The Aussie, who broke the news on his own Twitter account, wrote: 'Ok. Latest on the injury. After being told by three doctors in Poland I have a fracture in my leg, today (late Tuesday night) I find out I have no fracture.
'X-rays of my leg from Poland were done by a faulty machine and even one of the X-rays was of someone else's leg. So after three hours with the doctor and seven new X-rays, no fracture – so the injury I have is a sprained ankle.
You may also want to watch:
'Could be back as soon as next week. Feel pretty embarrassed as I'm told by a doctor I have a broken leg and now I'm told I don't. Talk about playing with a guy's head.'
After Andzejs Lebedevs quit the club – who have suffered a torrid run of injuries, and been deducted two points for the illegal use of Kozza Smith as a guest – on Monday, Schlein's return can't come soon enough for the Norfolk Arena outfit.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall