King’s Lynn Stars all set for Coventry Bees test in Elite League play-off race
King's Lynn will begin a season-defining week when they travel to Coventry this evening.
The Stars face three meetings in the space of six days as they look to launch a late charge for a play-off place.
The Adrian Flux Arena outfit sit seventh in the eight-team Elite League but are still within touching distance of the all-important top four. A win over the Bees would see them leapfrog the Midlands side to move into sixth – and team manager Rob Lyon knows it is a huge meeting for both clubs in front of the Sky TV cameras.
'It's a big meeting for both clubs in terms of the play-off places and we are looking to get a result there,' said Lynn's team boss.
The Stars welcome inspirational skipper Rory Schlein back into their side – following the decision to release popular Mads Korneliussen – after his lengthy injury lay-off while Aussie ace Troy Batchelor moves into a second-string role.
You may also want to watch:
A devastated Korneliussen said on Twitter: 'Very disappointed to say that I have been sacked from King's Lynn. I want to thank all the fans and all my team-mates #LostForWords'.
Lynn have also drafted in former Bees rider Kyle Howarth as a guest for injury victim Simon Lambert at number two.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
Coventry: 1 Krzysztof Kasprzak, 2 Ben Barker, 3 Danny King, 4 Josh Bates, 5 Chris Harris, 6 Kacper Woryna, 7 James Sarjeant
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Kyle Howarth (Guest), 3 Rory Schlein, 4 Troy Batchelor, 5 Robert Lambert, 6 Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, 7 Lewis Rose