King’s Lynn Stars pair miss out at Premiership Riders’ Championship
- Credit: Archant
Late surges were not enough for King's Lynn's Niels-Kristian Iversen and Ty Proctor to make an impact at the Premiership Riders' Championship.
The Stars duo had a mountain to climb after difficult starts to the individual clash at Poole but at least finished with a flourish.
Iversen could not close the gap having missed the gate from the troublesome outside position and then retired after being passed by Josh Grajczonek at the back in heat five. The Dane showed good speed in grabbing second spots behind the three men who would finish on the podium – Hans Andersen, Jason Doyle and then Troy Batchelor – but it was too little too late.
Proctor had hope after taking two points from his second race but was too far behind a battle for supremacy between Brady Kurtz and Charles Wright to build on that in the 10th. It was all over when he hit the fence under pressure from Nick Morris in heat 15 but Proctor did end on a high, sailing away with heat 20 ahead of Andersen, Kyle Newman and Jacob Thorssell.
Doyle won the final, stretching his lead over Batchelor throughout with Andersen claiming third in front of home favourite Kurtz.
You may also want to watch:
Qualifying scores: Troy Batchelor 13, Jason Doyle 13, Brady Kurtz 11, Hans Andersen 10, Chris Harris 9, Jacob Thorssell 9, Max Fricke 9, Ty Proctor 7, Nick Morris 7, Charles Wright 7, Sam Masters 6, Niels-Kristian Iversen 6, Adam Ellis 5, Josh Grajczonek 4, Kyle Newman 3, Scott Nicholls 1.
Semi-final: Kurtz, Andersen, Thorssell, Harris.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Grand final: Doyle, Batchelor, Andersen, Kurtz.