King’s Lynn Stars pair miss out at Premiership Riders’ Championship
- Credit: Archant
Late surges were not enough for King's Lynn's Niels-Kristian Iversen and Ty Proctor to make an impact at the Premiership Riders' Championship.
The Stars duo had a mountain to climb after difficult starts to the individual clash at Poole but at least finished with a flourish.
Iversen could not close the gap having missed the gate from the troublesome outside position and then retired after being passed by Josh Grajczonek at the back in heat five. The Dane showed good speed in grabbing second spots behind the three men who would finish on the podium – Hans Andersen, Jason Doyle and then Troy Batchelor – but it was too little too late.
Proctor had hope after taking two points from his second race but was too far behind a battle for supremacy between Brady Kurtz and Charles Wright to build on that in the 10th. It was all over when he hit the fence under pressure from Nick Morris in heat 15 but Proctor did end on a high, sailing away with heat 20 ahead of Andersen, Kyle Newman and Jacob Thorssell.
Doyle won the final, stretching his lead over Batchelor throughout with Andersen claiming third in front of home favourite Kurtz.
You may also want to watch:
Qualifying scores: Troy Batchelor 13, Jason Doyle 13, Brady Kurtz 11, Hans Andersen 10, Chris Harris 9, Jacob Thorssell 9, Max Fricke 9, Ty Proctor 7, Nick Morris 7, Charles Wright 7, Sam Masters 6, Niels-Kristian Iversen 6, Adam Ellis 5, Josh Grajczonek 4, Kyle Newman 3, Scott Nicholls 1.
Semi-final: Kurtz, Andersen, Thorssell, Harris.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Grand final: Doyle, Batchelor, Andersen, Kurtz.