King’s Lynn Stars opening meeting at Leicester falls victim to wet weather
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars will have to wait for their first meeting of the new season after Monday's scheduled Knockout Cup tie at Leicester was postponed.
Due to the amount of rain which has fallen over the last few days the track is unfit.
The clubs have agreed the meeting on May 7 will now be a Knockout Cup tie and a new date for the league meeting is September 10.
It means Wednesday's clash between the sides at the Adrian Flux Arena now becomes the first leg.
You may also want to watch:
Monday April 2: Leicester v King's Lynn – Knockout Cup postponed
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
Monday May 7: Leicester v King's Lynn – now Knockout Cup not Premiership
Monday September 10: Leicester v King's Lynn – Premiership 7.30pm.