King’s Lynn Town snap up defender after Lowestoft exit
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Defender Rory McAuley has joined King's Lynn Town, after leaving rivals Lowestoft.
The centre-back has signed a two-year deal at The Walks, having made 81 appearances for the Trawlerboys, scoring six goals.
The 28-year-old came through the Cambridge United youth system before making more than 140 appearances for their first team.
However, injury curtailed his time with the U's before he moved on to Dartford and Chelmsford City in the National League.
Linnets boss Simon Clark said: 'Rory is a great leader and he will also bring experience to the team.
You may also want to watch:
'He has played at a higher level, is a great age and still remains hungry. He has the right DNA as a defender and hates conceding goals. We've got some great defenders at this football club who won't concede goals easily and who are willing to put their heads on the line.'
Lynn and Lowestoft will both play in the Southern Premier Central League this season.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 10 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations