King’s Lynn Town snap up defender after Lowestoft exit
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Defender Rory McAuley has joined King's Lynn Town, after leaving rivals Lowestoft.
The centre-back has signed a two-year deal at The Walks, having made 81 appearances for the Trawlerboys, scoring six goals.
The 28-year-old came through the Cambridge United youth system before making more than 140 appearances for their first team.
However, injury curtailed his time with the U's before he moved on to Dartford and Chelmsford City in the National League.
Linnets boss Simon Clark said: 'Rory is a great leader and he will also bring experience to the team.
You may also want to watch:
'He has played at a higher level, is a great age and still remains hungry. He has the right DNA as a defender and hates conceding goals. We've got some great defenders at this football club who won't concede goals easily and who are willing to put their heads on the line.'
Lynn and Lowestoft will both play in the Southern Premier Central League this season.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home