King’s Lynn’s Iversen runner-up in Danish Final
King's Lynn's Niels-Kristian Iversen finished on the podium behind newly-crowned Danish national champion Nicki Pedersen on Friday night.
Second-placed Iversen ended six points behind former Lynn racer Pedersen after the second round of the national series which attracted a crowd of more than 8,000 to Esbjerg.
Pedersen's seventh domestic senior title of his illustrious career saw the three-time World Champion succeed Stars' number one Kenneth Bjerre.
Bjerre paid the price for a poor display at the first round in Slangerup back in June in his bid to retain his national title but the Lynn rider hit back lsat night to finish sixth overall in the series.
Mads Korneliussen completed a trio of Lynn riders in the top ten. Swindon's Jesper B Monberg finished third behind Iversen after also finishing on 22 points.
You may also want to watch:
• Final standings after the two events
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
1 Nicki Pedersen 28, 2. Niels Kristian Iversen 22, 3. Jesper B. Monberg 22, 4. Leon Madsen 20, 5. Nicolai Klindt 19, 6. Kenneth Bjerre 17, 7. Bjarne Pedersen 17, 8 Kenneth Kruse Hansen 16, 9. Mads Korneliussen 13, 10. Peter Kildemand 13, 11. Ulrich Oestergaard 12, 12. Patrick Hougaard 10, 13. Michael Jepsen Jensen 10, 14. Kenni Larsen 10, 15. Nicki Barrett 6, 16. Jonas B. Andersen 5, 17. Charlie Gjedde 2, 18. Tommy Pedersen 1, 19.. Michael Palm Toft 1