King's Lynn 0, Clevedon Town 0

King's Lynn were held at home to a stubborn Clevedon Town side that would not allow them to keep their revival on track.

King's Lynn were held at home to a stubborn Clevedon Town side that would not allow them to keep their revival on track.

Keith Webb led the Linnets into action this afternoon with Grant Cooper replacing the suspended Mark Warren and Michael Frew returning to the squad on the bench after a recent run out with a troublesome hamstring injury.

Clevedon arrived at the Walks with only one substitute following the long journey from the Bristol area.

The Linnets should have taken the lead in this match as early as the first minute as Notman spurned a great chance following Nolan's slide-rule pass.

The visitors clearly buoyed by their early dominance had two great chances to take the lead inside three minutes of each other.

Firstly Haines' cross was headed goalwards by Pitcher but thankfully for the home side Cave-Brown was on hand to clear from the line and then moments later Sheppard saw a header again cleared from off the line by an alert Cooper.

Most Read

O'Halloran then found space on the Linnets right. However, his cross ended up on top of the netting as opposed to finding a front man's head.

West then finally sent in a decent cross which was headed behind by Witcombe. The resulting corner from O'Halloran was met by Crane who mysteriously side-footed wide from two yards when it seemed easier to score.

Notman again showed great skill on 42 minutes but his final shot was poor and again failed to test visiting keeper Greaves.

Gurney then showed good control but failed to test home keeper Marshall and shortly before the break a Toms free kick was spectacularly parried away by Greaves as Lynn again failed to find their players in the area.

The second half began with Lynn attacking against the wind and O'Halloran skying a shot from 10 yards over the bar.

On 54 minutes Defty was introduced for an ineffective Nolan which immediately saw some much needed urgency in Lynn's attacking play.

However, Clevedon kept plugging away with Gurney firing wide from distance and moments later Scott fizzing an effort at Marshall, which the home keeper held comfortably.

On 70 minutes O'Halloran drew Haines into a foul which saw Cooper blaze the resulting free kick high and wide of its intended target.

Frew was introduced for Notman and both he and Defty continued to cause problems for the visiting defence without ever being able to create a worthwhile chance.

On 84 minutes Toms' deep centre was met by Defty and keeper Greaves with the big front man ending up on his backside which created loud appeals for a penalty which were waved away by referee Ross.

Lovely approach play from Toms and O'Halloran found Defty with again the frontman's shot disappointing to say the least.

In added on time substitute Fisk fed Melton but his wild and inaccurate shot summed up Lynn's afternoon perfectly which ultimately ended in a disappointing point gained when they were looking for the full quota.

t King's Lynn: Marshall, West, Cave-Brown, Cooper, Crane, Camm, O'Halloran, Melton, Nolan, Notman, Toms, Subs: J Defty, Frew, Fisk, Higgs.

t Clevedon: Greaves, Witcombe, Haines, Scott, Hendy, Trought, Romhdane, Gurney, Pitcher, Rawlings, Shepphard. Sub: Jacobs.