King’s Langley 2 King’s Lynn Town 2: McWilliams rescues point for Linnets
- Credit: Ian Burt
Shaun McWilliams struck 13 minutes from time to preserve a point for King's Lynn at King's Langley.
The Linnets had hit the front in only the third minute when good work by McWilliams down the right saw the winger get to the by-line and his pull back bounced off the helpless Mayo Balogun into an empty net.
The hosts came roaring back into the contest though and got themselves back on level terms when Jack Pattison's cross from the right found Stevie Ward, whose header arrowed into the corner of the net.
Langley could have been in front before the break but Lewis Toomey saw his effort cannon off the post.
However, King's Langley did get their noses in front in the second half when Toomey hammered home a penalty after Sam Gaughran had brought Ward down.
You may also want to watch:
However, McWilliams grabbed a point for his side when a corner was only partially cleared and he drove the ball home.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street