Matchday recap! King's Lynn Town v Torquay United
- Credit: Ian Burt
King’s Lynn Town produced a sterling performance in front of their returning fans at The Walks when they held leaders Torquay to a 0-0 draw.
A crowd of 625 saw Lynn give as good as they got against the visitors, who finished the game with 10 men.
It was a cracking opening 45 minutes, with Lynn more than holding their own.
Torquay had the best chances of the half – Archie Mair produced a terrific one-handed save to keep out a snap shot by Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, while Ben Whitfield and Kyle Cameron were both wasteful at the near post.
Michael Gash curled one just wide for Lynn, and was involved in a fine move which saw Jordan Richards hit a left-footer than was even closer to the left post.
The tempo rarely dropped through the second half, when Lynn again were on the front foot and arguably the better team.
Dayle Southwell was denied by the keeper and then put a free-kick inches wide, while Marriott also went close.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Torquay had skipper Asa Hall sent off for an over the top challenge on Marriott but the visitors held out under constant home pressure.
Follow the Linnets live here: