Kieran Bale takes Ken Allen Cup glory at Beccles Golf Club
Saturday saw a large field play for the Ken Allen Cup, and with a wet start players prepared for the worst conditions at Beccles Golf Club.
However, by the time the first nine holes had been played the weather had improved and so did scores.
With some very close scores again, Ken's grandson Niall Gill was unlucky to lose third on countback to vice-captain Paul Segust (84-16-68). Second on countback was Christian Lever (86-18-68), while winning was junior member Kieran Bale (92-25-67).
The Sunday, following a junior coaching session, the Britannia Lodge of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalo's held their annual Golf Charity Day.
Guests and club members took part to help raise funds for the RAOB local charities.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies' captain Sam Cooper along with brother and Buffalo Buster Cooper organised the competition – two stablefords were run with the best Buff being won by Rod Cooper (17pts), and best guest won by Steve Driver (20pts).
A BBQ and raffle followed, with the club donating green fees for the day to the charity – along with the raffle, �170.00 was raised.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 9 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
This Saturday is the Mid-Summer Madness Competition, teeing off at 5.30pm, while Sunday is the Ian Roberts Family Trophy.