Kieran Bale takes Ken Allen Cup glory at Beccles Golf Club
Saturday saw a large field play for the Ken Allen Cup, and with a wet start players prepared for the worst conditions at Beccles Golf Club.
However, by the time the first nine holes had been played the weather had improved and so did scores.
With some very close scores again, Ken's grandson Niall Gill was unlucky to lose third on countback to vice-captain Paul Segust (84-16-68). Second on countback was Christian Lever (86-18-68), while winning was junior member Kieran Bale (92-25-67).
The Sunday, following a junior coaching session, the Britannia Lodge of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalo's held their annual Golf Charity Day.
Guests and club members took part to help raise funds for the RAOB local charities.
Ladies' captain Sam Cooper along with brother and Buffalo Buster Cooper organised the competition – two stablefords were run with the best Buff being won by Rod Cooper (17pts), and best guest won by Steve Driver (20pts).
A BBQ and raffle followed, with the club donating green fees for the day to the charity – along with the raffle, �170.00 was raised.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
This Saturday is the Mid-Summer Madness Competition, teeing off at 5.30pm, while Sunday is the Ian Roberts Family Trophy.