Key pair set to return for Lowestoft at Billericay
- Credit: James Bass
Lowestoft Town are expected to welcome back Andrew Fisk and Jake Reed back into their squad for the trip to Billericay Town this evening, kick-off 7.45pm.
The Trawlerboys look to finally be emerging from an injury crisis last month and go into this evening's clash on the back of three successive victories in the league.
Both Fisk and Reed are expected to be involved at New Lodge this evening after recovering from ankle injuries and joint boss Ady Gallagher admitted the pair's return is an added boost to his side. 'They both trained on Thursday and we expect them to be fit,' said Gallagher. 'It would be good to have them both back and apart from the real long-term injuries we're about where we expect the squad to be.'
This will be the second time the clubs have tried to fulfil the fixture after the match was postponed in November due to a waterlogged pitch. The decision led to a row between the two clubs when Billericay chairman, Steve Kent, accused the Blues of wanting to get the game called off – an allegation strenuously denied by the Blues.
More overnight rain could put the game in doubt once again but Gallagher and his squad have been preparing for the match to go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
'You've got to make sure you're ready,' he said. 'We know it's a pitch that doesn't drain particularly well. You can see that from the amount of games that have been postponed there this season. Last time I think the officials made a mistake by not calling the game off before we had travelled but it's in the past now.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car