‘Keeper heads up new Street: King’s Lynn Town’s Pedro joins Leiston on ‘loan’ deal
- Credit: IAN BURT
Goalkeeper Alex Street will be playing his football away from The Walks again after signing dual registration forms with Leiston.
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell yesterday confirmed that his number two will spend the remainder of the season on 'loan' with the Ryman Premier Division outfit.
But he insisted once more that the shot-stopper, understudy to Danny Gay, has a future with the Linnets.
Setchell said: 'Alex is still desperate to be a King's Lynn player and I'm in a position where I've got two very good goalkeepers.
'There's no doubting that Alex is a Step Three goalkeeper, so I've found him a Step Three club willing to take him on loan. I have two goalkeepers, both who have different qualities, and Alex, who had a fine pre-season, is one for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
The goalie, known as Pedro, was reformed Lynn's number one for two seasons after joining from Wisbech Town, but lost his place following a shaky period at the start of the last campaign. He made 18 appearances for Lynn in 2012/13, but had spells with Wisbech, Deeping Rangers and Spalding United.
The 22-year-old has already played twice for Dereham Town this term after completing dual paperwork – which allows players to compete for clubs in different leagues – with them. Setchell has the option of recalling Street but is unlikely to use him for cup games with Gay no longer cup tied.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould