Just 226 witness Linnets reaching second round
King's Lynn Town progressed into the second round of UCL League Cup last night when they beat Raunds Town 2-1 at The Walks.
A late goal from Nelson Moreira settled the issue in front of Lynn's lowest gate for a competitive game since January 2007, just 226.
Moriera gave Lynn a seventh minute lead which they held on to until the 80th minute when Carl King equalised.
Extra-time looked a certainty but Moreira scored in injury time to set up a second round tie against Northampton Spencer.
Lynn gave a trial to Cypriot youth international Alex Konstantinou in a team that was a mixture of first teamers and reserves.
You may also want to watch:
• King's Lynn: Hails, Daw, Duarte, Fryatt, Wall, Hughes (Biles), Konstantinou (Livoti), White, Barnes (Beales), Moriera, Coe. Subs: Harris, Buhlemann.
• Attendance: 226
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train