Just 226 witness Linnets reaching second round
King's Lynn Town progressed into the second round of UCL League Cup last night when they beat Raunds Town 2-1 at The Walks.
A late goal from Nelson Moreira settled the issue in front of Lynn's lowest gate for a competitive game since January 2007, just 226.
Moriera gave Lynn a seventh minute lead which they held on to until the 80th minute when Carl King equalised.
Extra-time looked a certainty but Moreira scored in injury time to set up a second round tie against Northampton Spencer.
Lynn gave a trial to Cypriot youth international Alex Konstantinou in a team that was a mixture of first teamers and reserves.
• King's Lynn: Hails, Daw, Duarte, Fryatt, Wall, Hughes (Biles), Konstantinou (Livoti), White, Barnes (Beales), Moriera, Coe. Subs: Harris, Buhlemann.
• Attendance: 226
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze