Joe Gatting rounds off Swardeston win with six sixes in one over
- Credit: PA
Joe Gatting achieved every batsman's dream yesterday when he scored six sixes in one over for his new club Swardeston.
The former Sussex and Hampshire star, who joined Swardeston as professional at the start of the season, produced his superb display of big hitting at The Common against Cambridgeshire Ramsey in the National Club Championship competition.
And he saved his best for last, with 36 being scored off the final over to take the hosts up to an impressive 346-8.
Gatting, who also played professional football for Brighton and Hove Albion, finished on an unbeaten 160 which featured a total of eight sixes in all, as well as 17 fours, and spanned 95 balls.
Jeremy Elliott was the next highest Swardeston scorer with 38 while openers Peter Lambert (25) and Freddie Ruffell (32) also made useful contributions, as did Stephen Gray (26). In reply Ramsey were never in the hunt and were dismissed for 126 on the 25th over, with Swardeston winning by 220 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Elliott (3-24) and Matt Taylor (3-15) were the stars with the ball, while Michael Eccles, Tom Oxley, Freddie Ruffell and George Walker all took one wicket apiece.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham