Jeremy Goss gets a boost from former NCFC pals
I'm frequently touched by the messages that accompany donations to my B-to-B challenge, but one particularly poignant note really brought a lump to my throat and reminded me just what this bike ride is all about.
It came from Graham Woodford and said simply: 'For Ronnie Brooks, who would be with you all the way'.
Ronnie, who died last year, was the Norwich City scout who brought me to Carrow Road as a 16-year-old apprentice all those years ago. He was a special man with a special character dedicated to helping others succeed, and when you strip it all away, I owe him a very great deal.
He was a mentor to quite a few of us. Tony Spearing, Louie Donowa, Paul Clayton, John Rigby – all of us fresh-faced kids just out of school and away from home for the first time. So thanks, Graham. It will be kind of reassuring to know Brooksy is looking down on me as I ride. I can hear him shouting now: 'Gossy! Come on! To get to Munich you've got to pedal faster my son'!
Away from the cycling, I'm organising a gala ball for the NNAB at Dunston Hall on April 15. Drinks reception, three course meal and dancing to Gary Winter and the Pavilion Big Band, all for �45 a head or �400 for a table of ten. Tickets from me via firstname.lastname@example.org. It'll be worth it just to laugh at me in my penguin suit.
You may also want to watch:
Don't forget, donate via www.nnab.org.uk.
To keep up to date with me and the NNAB team visit www.edp24.co.uk/jeremygoss.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift