Jeremy Goss gets a boost from former NCFC pals
I'm frequently touched by the messages that accompany donations to my B-to-B challenge, but one particularly poignant note really brought a lump to my throat and reminded me just what this bike ride is all about.
It came from Graham Woodford and said simply: 'For Ronnie Brooks, who would be with you all the way'.
Ronnie, who died last year, was the Norwich City scout who brought me to Carrow Road as a 16-year-old apprentice all those years ago. He was a special man with a special character dedicated to helping others succeed, and when you strip it all away, I owe him a very great deal.
He was a mentor to quite a few of us. Tony Spearing, Louie Donowa, Paul Clayton, John Rigby – all of us fresh-faced kids just out of school and away from home for the first time. So thanks, Graham. It will be kind of reassuring to know Brooksy is looking down on me as I ride. I can hear him shouting now: 'Gossy! Come on! To get to Munich you've got to pedal faster my son'!
Away from the cycling, I'm organising a gala ball for the NNAB at Dunston Hall on April 15. Drinks reception, three course meal and dancing to Gary Winter and the Pavilion Big Band, all for �45 a head or �400 for a table of ten. Tickets from me via email@example.com. It'll be worth it just to laugh at me in my penguin suit.
You may also want to watch:
Don't forget, donate via www.nnab.org.uk.
To keep up to date with me and the NNAB team visit www.edp24.co.uk/jeremygoss.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer