Jaik Mickleburgh and Tymal Mills sign new contracts with Essex County Cricket Club
Jaik Mickleburgh and Tymal Mills have both signed new two-year contracts with Essex.
Batsman Mickleburgh, who plays for Horsford, and left-arm pace bowler Mills, from Brandon, were among eight players to agree new deals with the club yesterday.
Essex head coach Paul Grayson said: 'We have highly exciting young players at the club who we believe have a massive future at Essex. We want to show them commitment by giving them new contracts and hopefully they can repay us by putting in the performances next season and in the future.
'In particular, Jaik and Tom Westley formed a great opening partnership for the second half of the season and I'm hoping that form will continue into 2013.'
Mickleburgh, 22, scored 359 runs in nine First Class matches for Essex last season, including a century in an opening stand of 248 with Westley against Leicestershire in August. He was also named fielder of the year at the county's awards night recently.
You may also want to watch:
Mills, 20, took 14 wickets in eight First Class matches for the county, including career best figures of four for 25 against Glamorgan in May.
He said: 'I've thoroughly enjoyed my first year and look forward to the opportunities in the seasons ahead.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
Ravi Bopara, Graham Napier, Mark Pettini, Maurice Chambers, Westley and Ben Foakes also signed new deals with Essex yesterday.