It’s neck and neck between Acle and Blofield in title race
The wet weather washed out most of the weekend fixtures, with only three senior matches surviving.
In the Premier Division, Daniel Andersen and Harry Maddison scored for Acle United, who beat Loddon United 2-1, Gary Summons scoring for the visitors. Acle and Blofield are now level on both points and goal difference, although Blofield do have a game in hand – there is then a gap developing from the chasing pack.
There was another close match at Norwich CEYMS, who were 2-1 winners over Reepham Town, with goals from Darren Smith, David Tayler, with Andrew Hanby scoring for Reepham.
Cromer Town have been working hard on their pitch, pumping water away from it but like many others they did not manage to play – and they are hoping to hosts Norwich City U21 in Norfolk Senior Cup tomorrow night.
Only one match in Division One, as Hellesdon eased past Holt United, winning 3-0 with goals from Daniel Whitman, Glen Spooner and Nathan Lake. Long Stratton stay top, but they are followed closely by several other teams.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly Peter Smith, the Ground Standards Officer, died recently and his funeral is on Thursday. As well as the league, Peter had been involved with Watton United for many years and was also the groundsman at the FDC. Our thoughts are with his wife and family at this difficult time.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon