It’s neck and neck between Acle and Blofield in title race
The wet weather washed out most of the weekend fixtures, with only three senior matches surviving.
In the Premier Division, Daniel Andersen and Harry Maddison scored for Acle United, who beat Loddon United 2-1, Gary Summons scoring for the visitors. Acle and Blofield are now level on both points and goal difference, although Blofield do have a game in hand – there is then a gap developing from the chasing pack.
There was another close match at Norwich CEYMS, who were 2-1 winners over Reepham Town, with goals from Darren Smith, David Tayler, with Andrew Hanby scoring for Reepham.
Cromer Town have been working hard on their pitch, pumping water away from it but like many others they did not manage to play – and they are hoping to hosts Norwich City U21 in Norfolk Senior Cup tomorrow night.
Only one match in Division One, as Hellesdon eased past Holt United, winning 3-0 with goals from Daniel Whitman, Glen Spooner and Nathan Lake. Long Stratton stay top, but they are followed closely by several other teams.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly Peter Smith, the Ground Standards Officer, died recently and his funeral is on Thursday. As well as the league, Peter had been involved with Watton United for many years and was also the groundsman at the FDC. Our thoughts are with his wife and family at this difficult time.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park