It’s buzzing at Rocklands!
- Credit: Archant
Unsettled, cooler weather last week didn't hamper the fishing at Rocklands and buzzer hatches were still in abundance.
A few hawthorns have been making an appearance too, with black hoppers taking a few fish on overcast days.
Crystal clear water has made fishing more challenging on brighter days so a good breeze is essential, especially if wanting to fish dries.
Keiron Harney from London fished on two consecutive days at the weekend and banked 12 on the Saturday and 16 on Sunday, all fish were taken on black and olive buzzers fished static. Other notable returns included James Fleetcroft with nine rainbows, Mary Taylor also with nine rainbows and Darren Blayney with 21 rainbows.
Cooler temps and overcast days should mean that this buzzer feeding frenzy will provide some excellent fishing.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call James at the lodge on 01953 483971.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named