It’s buzzing at Rocklands!
- Credit: Archant
Unsettled, cooler weather last week didn't hamper the fishing at Rocklands and buzzer hatches were still in abundance.
A few hawthorns have been making an appearance too, with black hoppers taking a few fish on overcast days.
Crystal clear water has made fishing more challenging on brighter days so a good breeze is essential, especially if wanting to fish dries.
Keiron Harney from London fished on two consecutive days at the weekend and banked 12 on the Saturday and 16 on Sunday, all fish were taken on black and olive buzzers fished static. Other notable returns included James Fleetcroft with nine rainbows, Mary Taylor also with nine rainbows and Darren Blayney with 21 rainbows.
Cooler temps and overcast days should mean that this buzzer feeding frenzy will provide some excellent fishing.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call James at the lodge on 01953 483971.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?