Israel doubles success for Acle tennis ace Olivia Nicholls
- Credit: Norfolk LTA
Norfolk women's number one Olivia Nicholls has registered a notable doubles success in Israel.
The 23-year-old, from Acle, won the doubles title at the ITF $15,000 hard court tournament at Ramat Hasharon playing alongside fellow Brit Alicia Barnett.
They beat fourth seeds Madeleine Kobelt and Linnea Malmqvist 6-4 6-3 in the first round and Gozal Ainitdinova and Anna Pribylova 6-2 6-3 in the quarter-finals.
The unseeded pairing then beat top seeds Ching-Wen Hsu and Anastasia Pribylova 7-6(2) 6-3 to reach the final, where they battled to a 6-4 7-6(4) Charlotte Roemer and Caroline Werner victory.
The British number 33 missed out on the quarter-finals in the singles, beating seventh seed Ching-Wen Hsu from Chinese Taipei 3-6 6-4 6-3 in the first round but being beaten 7-6(5) 6-2 by Kana Daniel of the USA in the last 16.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholls and Barnett also won a similar ITF $15,000 outdoor hard court event in Madrid in September last year.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region