Israel doubles success for Acle tennis ace Olivia Nicholls
- Credit: Norfolk LTA
Norfolk women's number one Olivia Nicholls has registered a notable doubles success in Israel.
The 23-year-old, from Acle, won the doubles title at the ITF $15,000 hard court tournament at Ramat Hasharon playing alongside fellow Brit Alicia Barnett.
They beat fourth seeds Madeleine Kobelt and Linnea Malmqvist 6-4 6-3 in the first round and Gozal Ainitdinova and Anna Pribylova 6-2 6-3 in the quarter-finals.
The unseeded pairing then beat top seeds Ching-Wen Hsu and Anastasia Pribylova 7-6(2) 6-3 to reach the final, where they battled to a 6-4 7-6(4) Charlotte Roemer and Caroline Werner victory.
The British number 33 missed out on the quarter-finals in the singles, beating seventh seed Ching-Wen Hsu from Chinese Taipei 3-6 6-4 6-3 in the first round but being beaten 7-6(5) 6-2 by Kana Daniel of the USA in the last 16.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholls and Barnett also won a similar ITF $15,000 outdoor hard court event in Madrid in September last year.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week