Inside Track: Captain Mads Korneliussen’s weekly look inside the Norfolk Arena
We expected to beat Belle Vue by more than we did last week (51-40), but they put up a good fight.
We should have made it easier for ourselves, but that's how it goes sometimes. The main thing was we got what we wanted from the meeting – three Elite League points.
It was a strange night, though, as Niels (Kristian Iversen) got beaten by two Premier League riders and had a last. He said it was only the second time this season he's finished fourth in a race in England.
Kevin Wolbert rode fantastically and everybody chipped in to make it a decent team performance. David Howe had an off night, but he's just come back from injury so he'll be stronger soon.
I was quite pleased with my performance, but was very disappointed by coming last in heat 15. I don't know if it's a mental thing, but I need to switch on and find out what's causing me problems when I get chosen for the nominated race.
You may also want to watch:
I rode well the next night in the Czech Republic so I can't really explain why I, and most of us, had such a bad day at Lakeside (36-59) – who are a strong team – on Friday.
Joe Screen had a nightmare and he said he can't remember having so many lasts. We just never got to grips with the track and had a couple of decisions go against us – like me being excluded in heat one – which didn't help either.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Tomorrow (against Poole) is a big opportunity for us to bounce back, even if I'm not there due to my Grand Prix semi-final qualifier in Czech Republic on Saturday – which is a pain in the backside. We've got to take advantage of the fact Darcy Ward isn't racing. He's phenomenal around Lynn and we can take belief from the fact we ran them so close there, even though we're both missing riders.
Hopefully Lasse Bjerre can come in and find a bit of success again and Richie Worrall was on the gas here for Belle Vue last week so he should be a decent reserve for us.
Away from Lynn, I hope Niels, Kev and I get through out GP qualifiers on Saturday. I've spent �4,000 on a new engine so I'm not just going to make the numbers up.
We're all 10 wins away from reaching the GP and I'm desperate to get there. I've never ridden in the GPs before and I don't just do speedway to earn money – I want to be the best I can be.
If any of us reach next season's series it would be good for the club in terms of publicity and excitement for the supporters. So I hope for mine, our, and Lynn's sake, all three of us do well
• Read Mads' exclusive column first every week on Thursdays in the EDP's Lynn Free Press pull-out.
• Follow Mads on Twitter, or read his previous columns, by clicking on the links on the right-hand side of this page.