Injury worries for in-form Dereham Town ahead of Essex encounter at Aveley
- Credit: IAN BURT
In-form Dereham head to Aveley looking to close in on the play-off positions in Ryman North this afternoon.
The Magpies made it five home wins on the trot when they beat Barkingside 2-1 at Aldiss Park last weekend. They could be without striker Lewis Butcher, with four goals in his last two games, and defender Payton Swatman for the trip however as both are carrying knocks.
Sam Borrer returns after illness though, as Matt Henman's side look to leapfrog Aveley, who currently sit just one place higher in the table thanks to a better goal difference.
Assistant manager Neal Simmons said: 'We are obviously delighted with our run and hope to keep it going.
'Our squad looks settled and balanced. Aveley will be a tough fixture. They are inconsistent but can beat anyone on their day.'
You may also want to watch:
The Millers have lost their last two matches but retain similar play-off ambitions to Dereham with both just four points adrift of fifth place.
They won 5-2 at Wroxham in their last visit to Norfolk, in September. Last season the Magpies lost 3-1 at Aveley but won 2-1 at home.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
It is also hoped that striker Luke Winter, who is back from America, will be added to the Dereham squad.