Injury worries for in-form Dereham Town ahead of Essex encounter at Aveley
- Credit: IAN BURT
In-form Dereham head to Aveley looking to close in on the play-off positions in Ryman North this afternoon.
The Magpies made it five home wins on the trot when they beat Barkingside 2-1 at Aldiss Park last weekend. They could be without striker Lewis Butcher, with four goals in his last two games, and defender Payton Swatman for the trip however as both are carrying knocks.
Sam Borrer returns after illness though, as Matt Henman's side look to leapfrog Aveley, who currently sit just one place higher in the table thanks to a better goal difference.
Assistant manager Neal Simmons said: 'We are obviously delighted with our run and hope to keep it going.
'Our squad looks settled and balanced. Aveley will be a tough fixture. They are inconsistent but can beat anyone on their day.'
You may also want to watch:
The Millers have lost their last two matches but retain similar play-off ambitions to Dereham with both just four points adrift of fifth place.
They won 5-2 at Wroxham in their last visit to Norfolk, in September. Last season the Magpies lost 3-1 at Aveley but won 2-1 at home.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
It is also hoped that striker Luke Winter, who is back from America, will be added to the Dereham squad.