Injury worries for Grant
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.
Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Speaking at this morning's Colney Press conference Grant said he is determined to give all his players until the last possible minute to prove their fitness. But he admitted: “If I get two out of those injured I'd be delighted.”
He said Huckerby has “a slight chance” of recovery while striker Earnshaw is 80-20 against with his rib injury.
You may also want to watch:
Gallacher has a back strain and is only 50-50, as is Hughes who is still recovering from a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, Safri is 60-40 in favour of playing after suffering a groin strain in the Carling Cup defeat at Port Vale.
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Grant will also warn his players to be prepared for a physical encounter against Stoke, but again insisted he is not afraid to throw the likes of inexperienced teenager Robert Eagle into the fray.
“We'll need brains as well as brawn,” he said.