Injury worries for Grant
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Norwich City boss Peter Grant is faced with an injury crisis ahead of Saturday's game at Stoke.
Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw, Youssef Safri, Paul Gallacher and Andy Hughes are all major doubts for the clash against Tony Pulis' side.
Speaking at this morning's Colney Press conference Grant said he is determined to give all his players until the last possible minute to prove their fitness. But he admitted: “If I get two out of those injured I'd be delighted.”
He said Huckerby has “a slight chance” of recovery while striker Earnshaw is 80-20 against with his rib injury.
Gallacher has a back strain and is only 50-50, as is Hughes who is still recovering from a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, Safri is 60-40 in favour of playing after suffering a groin strain in the Carling Cup defeat at Port Vale.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 7 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 9 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 10 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
Grant will also warn his players to be prepared for a physical encounter against Stoke, but again insisted he is not afraid to throw the likes of inexperienced teenager Robert Eagle into the fray.
“We'll need brains as well as brawn,” he said.