Injury boost for Lowestoft Town during 3-0 win at King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: James Bass
The Trawlerboys couldn't have asked for a better way to finish their pre-season programme.
Lowestoft's final warm-up match ahead of their big Conference North kick-off at Chorley on Saturday saw them keep a clean sheet and strikers Chris Henderson and Jefferson Louis both find the net. But it was the lack of any fresh fitness problems, and injury doubt Ashlee Jones coming through 75 minutes, which would have pleased the Suffolk outfit most.
Joint Blues boss Ady Gallagher said: 'It was encouraging that Ashlee came through the game. We'll see if he gets any reaction.
'We took him off because we felt he's done enough and obviously Archie (Jake Jessup) has been in goal all pre-season so he deserved to get a bit of action. Hopefully Ashlee will get no reaction from it and be okay for Saturday.'
An unmarked Henderson headed home in the fourth minute during what was a lacklustre affair in, for large parts, driving rain. Louis beat Dereham keeper Andy Wilton, filling in for Alex Street on a one-game basis, to a corner to double his side's lead after the break. And the impressive frontman wrapped up the win by intentionally diverting Henderson's goal-bound shot to leave Wilton wrong-footed and complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn boss Gary Setchell, who was concerned to see Dan Quigley limp off in the closing stages, said: 'In the middle third I think we matched Lowestoft, but I think in both boxes we were second best.
'It's disappointing. They've scored two goals from set-pieces, and a deflected goal, and we haven't tested their keeper once. But let's get it right. Lowestoft are a level above us, they've kicked on and left us behind a little bit. They've got good players and their striker (Louis) is a real handful.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Lynn (starting XI): Wilton, Thomson, Fryatt, Lee, Ward, Yong, Quigley, Bell, Bridges, Jones, Frew.
Lowestoft: Jones, Hayles, Smith, Fisk, Gleeson, Haynes-Brown, Ainsley, Okay, Louis, Henderson, Eagle.
Goals: Henderson (4, 74), Louis (52).
Referee: J Turner