Injury boost for Lowestoft Town during 3-0 win at King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: James Bass
The Trawlerboys couldn't have asked for a better way to finish their pre-season programme.
Lowestoft's final warm-up match ahead of their big Conference North kick-off at Chorley on Saturday saw them keep a clean sheet and strikers Chris Henderson and Jefferson Louis both find the net. But it was the lack of any fresh fitness problems, and injury doubt Ashlee Jones coming through 75 minutes, which would have pleased the Suffolk outfit most.
Joint Blues boss Ady Gallagher said: 'It was encouraging that Ashlee came through the game. We'll see if he gets any reaction.
'We took him off because we felt he's done enough and obviously Archie (Jake Jessup) has been in goal all pre-season so he deserved to get a bit of action. Hopefully Ashlee will get no reaction from it and be okay for Saturday.'
An unmarked Henderson headed home in the fourth minute during what was a lacklustre affair in, for large parts, driving rain. Louis beat Dereham keeper Andy Wilton, filling in for Alex Street on a one-game basis, to a corner to double his side's lead after the break. And the impressive frontman wrapped up the win by intentionally diverting Henderson's goal-bound shot to leave Wilton wrong-footed and complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn boss Gary Setchell, who was concerned to see Dan Quigley limp off in the closing stages, said: 'In the middle third I think we matched Lowestoft, but I think in both boxes we were second best.
'It's disappointing. They've scored two goals from set-pieces, and a deflected goal, and we haven't tested their keeper once. But let's get it right. Lowestoft are a level above us, they've kicked on and left us behind a little bit. They've got good players and their striker (Louis) is a real handful.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
Lynn (starting XI): Wilton, Thomson, Fryatt, Lee, Ward, Yong, Quigley, Bell, Bridges, Jones, Frew.
Lowestoft: Jones, Hayles, Smith, Fisk, Gleeson, Haynes-Brown, Ainsley, Okay, Louis, Henderson, Eagle.
Goals: Henderson (4, 74), Louis (52).
Referee: J Turner