India Bussey jumps for joy at Olympia Horse Show
South Norfolk Pony Club member India Bussey is celebrating after picking up a fantastic second place in the Mini-Major Show Jumping at the Olympia Horse Show in London.
India and her pony Lackamore Flyer were paired up with top international show jumper John Whitaker to compete in the main ring in front of the huge crowds.
India said: 'Being in the Mini-Major was so exciting. It was a great privilege to compete at such an incredible show and to do it with John Whitaker was just out of this world. John was so kind and supportive and he is a true horseman.
'Before we went in John just told me to do my best and have fun, and so I did. It was so thrilling to jump at Olympia and I will never forget it.
'Bob (Lackamore Flyer) was so well behaved. He took everything in his stride and truly shone. I am so proud of him and now my sister Atiya will compete him in 2013 and will hopefully be very successful.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank my mum, dad and sponsors Feedmark for helping to make this happen. It was magical to jump at Olympia with John and to come second was amazing. I was so lucky to be chosen as one of the lucky eight to compete there and many thanks to John Jacks and South Norfolk Pony Club's DC, Sorrel Bellamy, for giving Bob and I such lovely comments on my application.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region