In Pictures: Norwich City’s victory over Cardiff
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Action from Norwich City's 0 - 1 win over Cardiff.
Cardiff City 0 Norwich City 1
Cameron Jerome returned to haunt his old club with a diving header which earned Norwich City their first away win in nine league games, writes David Freezer.
You may also want to watch:
The striker's ninth goal of the season, heading home a Wes Hoolahan free-kick in the 40th minute, was enough to earn a hard-fought success for Alex Neil's team at the Cardiff City Stadium.
The visitors arrived in South Wales looking to end a run of eight away games without a win in the league, stretching all the way back to a 2-1 victory at Wolves on October 1 – with a six point-gap to the play-off places to close ahead of kick-off.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
An almighty game of pinball broke out in the final stages as Cardiff piled on the pressure but City survived their most dangerous moment, when substitute Craig Noone tore in to the box from the right wing and saw Ruddy deflect his low shot away, only for Harris to lash well over.
With Nelson Oliveira on for Jacob Murphy to help keep possession and Ryan Bennett on for Hoolahan to help defend in the closing stages, the Canaries clung on to finally taste away success again.
Follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer or on Facebook @DavidFreezer1