In-form Norwich United can put the squeeze on play-off chasers Bury Town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United travel to play-off chasers Bury Town knowing three points would put them level on points with the Suffolk side.
The Planters will have been boosted by an impressive 2-1 win at Thamesmead Town, where first-half goals from Shaun Wones and Jamie Speller and a resolute defence after the break ensured a comfortable victory, in spite of the difficult conditions on a cold frosty night in south London.
The Blues haven't had things all their own way since they were relegated from the Ryman League Premier Division last season and currently sit in eighth position, albeit just one point of the play-off positions.
They come into the game having not played since January 10 due to postponements and after two defeats on the bounce – a 3-1 loss at Cheshunt and then seeing Heybridge Swifts come from 2-0 down with half an hour remaining to beat them 3-2. Their only win since the New Year was a 2-1 win over Dereham Town on January 2.
Steve Eastaugh's men won the reverse fixture in October when goals from Wones, Speller and Emmanuel Machaya helped secure an impressive 3-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in Ryman North, Wroxham will be aiming to give their battle against relegation another boost when they welcome mid-table Witham Town. The Yachtsmen moved off the foot of the table last Saturday when they saw off visitors Thamesmead 3-2 to end a run of three successive defeats.
They are now above Great Wakering Rovers on goal difference, with a couple of games in hand, while they have also played fewer games than the two sides immediately above them, Brentwood Town and Waltham Abbey.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
Dereham Town hit the road to take on Soham Town Rangers in a mid-table encounter, with 18th entertaining 16th. The Magpies beat Great Wakering 5-0 in their previous home match but are struggling for consistency, with that emphatic win sandwiched between disappointing home defeats at the hands of leaders Maldon and Tiptree (0-5) and Romford (2-3)