Hunstanton’s league delight
Hunstanton are the Norfolk ladies' scratch league champions for 2011, with a three-point winning margin at the top of Division One.
They were unbeaten throughout the season, winning five of their matches and halving one of their away fixtures. Their closest rivals were Royal Norwich.
Division Two was the most closely contested of the four groups. Barnham Broom emerged as winners – gaining promotion – after the most exacting of countbacks.
The top two teams each had 12 points and were also tied on games won and lost. The outcome was decided after a scrutiny of the individual match scores and Barnham Broom squeezed through.
Sprowston Manor took the honours in Division Three while Royal Norwich II won Division Four.
You may also want to watch:
This season, for the first time, the teams all played home and away fixtures. The winning team in each division is promoted for the 2012 season, while the bottom team is relegated.
• Final results
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
Division One: Hunstanton 16 pts, Royal Norwich 13, Eaton 6, Royal Cromer 0.
Division Two: Barnham Broom 12, Ryston Park 12, King's Lynn 6, Costessey Park 6.
Division Three: Sprowston Manor 15, Dunston Hall 12, The Norfolk 7, Thetford 1.
Division Four: Royal Norwich II 12, Sheringham 9, Weston Park 7, Swaffham 7.