Hunstanton’s league delight
Hunstanton are the Norfolk ladies' scratch league champions for 2011, with a three-point winning margin at the top of Division One.
They were unbeaten throughout the season, winning five of their matches and halving one of their away fixtures. Their closest rivals were Royal Norwich.
Division Two was the most closely contested of the four groups. Barnham Broom emerged as winners – gaining promotion – after the most exacting of countbacks.
The top two teams each had 12 points and were also tied on games won and lost. The outcome was decided after a scrutiny of the individual match scores and Barnham Broom squeezed through.
Sprowston Manor took the honours in Division Three while Royal Norwich II won Division Four.
You may also want to watch:
This season, for the first time, the teams all played home and away fixtures. The winning team in each division is promoted for the 2012 season, while the bottom team is relegated.
• Final results
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Division One: Hunstanton 16 pts, Royal Norwich 13, Eaton 6, Royal Cromer 0.
Division Two: Barnham Broom 12, Ryston Park 12, King's Lynn 6, Costessey Park 6.
Division Three: Sprowston Manor 15, Dunston Hall 12, The Norfolk 7, Thetford 1.
Division Four: Royal Norwich II 12, Sheringham 9, Weston Park 7, Swaffham 7.