Home ties for Norfolk sides in Women’s FA Cup first round draw
- Credit: PA
Norwich City or Lowestoft Town will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the SSE Women's FA Cup.
The rivals saw their fourth round qualifying tie postponed on Sunday and will try again at Plantation Park at 1pm this Sunday.
The victors will host fellow SE Division One side Wimbledon in the next round on Sunday, December 4, and will also earn £600 in prize money.
Acle United have been drawn against C&K Basildon, who play three levels higher than them, following their 3-0 win over Brentwood Town on Sunday.
Goal from Jody Wells and Anna Larkins, as well as a late own goal, secured victory for the Eastern Premier Division side at the home of Great Yarmouth Town, The Wellesley.
You may also want to watch:
Basildon are currently fifth in the Women's Premier League Southern Division, at step two in the women's football pyramid, and compete against the likes of Cardiff, Tottenham and Charlton.
First round proper victors claim £800 in prize money and would be six wins away from a Wembley final.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP