Home ties for Norfolk sides in Women’s FA Cup first round draw
- Credit: PA
Norwich City or Lowestoft Town will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round of the SSE Women's FA Cup.
The rivals saw their fourth round qualifying tie postponed on Sunday and will try again at Plantation Park at 1pm this Sunday.
The victors will host fellow SE Division One side Wimbledon in the next round on Sunday, December 4, and will also earn £600 in prize money.
Acle United have been drawn against C&K Basildon, who play three levels higher than them, following their 3-0 win over Brentwood Town on Sunday.
Goal from Jody Wells and Anna Larkins, as well as a late own goal, secured victory for the Eastern Premier Division side at the home of Great Yarmouth Town, The Wellesley.
You may also want to watch:
Basildon are currently fifth in the Women's Premier League Southern Division, at step two in the women's football pyramid, and compete against the likes of Cardiff, Tottenham and Charlton.
First round proper victors claim £800 in prize money and would be six wins away from a Wembley final.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out