Home draw for King’s Lynn Town in FA Cup
King's Lynn Town have been given another home draw in the FA Cup, with a clash against Alfreton Town in the third qualifying round.
Alfreton, who are 13th in National League North, produced a shock at the weekend to ensure they were in yesterday's draw, inflicting a first defeat of the season on league leaders AFC Fylde, Tom Allan getting the only goal of the game.
The Derbyshire club are managed by one-time Football league player and manager Nicky Law.
The Linnets, who have already come through two home rounds, have only met Alfreton twice before – in the 2008-09 Conference North season – and will hope for better luck this time: they were beaten 4-0 at The Walks, having drawn 1-1 earlier in the campaign. The tie will be played on Saturday, October 1, with the winners receiving £7,500. It will be a reunion of sorts for King's Lynn striker Lee Stevenson, who left Alfreton to join Lynn on loan in March 2015 and stayed.
The FA Cup has meant Lowestoft Town are without a game tonight – their scheduled opponents Canvey drew with Potters Bar at the weekend and replay tonight.
You may also want to watch:
In other local action, there is a big derby clash on the east coast, with Great Yarmouth Town at home to Kirkley & Pakefield.
The Bloaters go into the game six games unbeaten in all competitions, knowing a win could take them above neighbours Gorleston and into third spot. However, Kirkley are coming off the back of a stunning 10-0 win over bottom club FC Clacton at the weekend.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace