Holton Shotokan rewarded for Holton Shotokan Karate Club efforts
Holton Shotokan Karate Club have presented their annual student of the year award for 2011 – which went to eight-year-old Shannon Thirtle.
Shannon joined the club just over a year ago, and during this time she has successfully passed four grading exams and now holds the rank of sixth kyu green belt.
She trains twice a week and has rarely missed a lesson – and it is due to this dedication, encouraged by supportive parents, that has enabled her to make the maximum progress possible in a year of karate training.
Shannon's father Steve said: 'Shannon loves karate, she wouldn't miss it for the world.'
The award was presented by second dan instructor James Dalley, who added: 'Shannon thoroughly deserved the award and sets the standard for all other students at the club.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in karate in the Halesworth or Norwich area can contact chief instructor, sensei Ken Bailey seventh dan, on 07932 039574.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools