Holton Shotokan rewarded for Holton Shotokan Karate Club efforts
Holton Shotokan Karate Club have presented their annual student of the year award for 2011 – which went to eight-year-old Shannon Thirtle.
Shannon joined the club just over a year ago, and during this time she has successfully passed four grading exams and now holds the rank of sixth kyu green belt.
She trains twice a week and has rarely missed a lesson – and it is due to this dedication, encouraged by supportive parents, that has enabled her to make the maximum progress possible in a year of karate training.
Shannon's father Steve said: 'Shannon loves karate, she wouldn't miss it for the world.'
The award was presented by second dan instructor James Dalley, who added: 'Shannon thoroughly deserved the award and sets the standard for all other students at the club.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in karate in the Halesworth or Norwich area can contact chief instructor, sensei Ken Bailey seventh dan, on 07932 039574.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change