Holt run out of steam as visitors hit back late on
- Credit: Stuart Young
For the second time this season Holt let a very winnable game slip from their grasp in the final 15 minutes.
The visitors were the livelier side from the kick-off and scored two tries, one of which was converted, and kicked a penalty to lead 15-0.
As half-time drew near Holt raised their game and a driving maul produced a touch-down by wing forward, Sutch making the score 15-5 to Walden at the break.
After the turnaround Holt fly-half Simmons side-stepped his way through the visitors defence and put away right winger Jary-Ryan for a try converted by full-back Jackson to take the score 15-12. Holt drew level from a penalty by Jackson and took the lead when left winger, Riley, showed his pace for a try converted by Jackson, for 22-15.
Holt then ran out of steam and were pinned in their own half, conceding several penalties, two of which were converted.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors showed their superior fitness to score a further two tries, both of which were converted to seal a 33-22 win.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region