Holt run out of steam as visitors hit back late on
- Credit: Stuart Young
For the second time this season Holt let a very winnable game slip from their grasp in the final 15 minutes.
The visitors were the livelier side from the kick-off and scored two tries, one of which was converted, and kicked a penalty to lead 15-0.
As half-time drew near Holt raised their game and a driving maul produced a touch-down by wing forward, Sutch making the score 15-5 to Walden at the break.
After the turnaround Holt fly-half Simmons side-stepped his way through the visitors defence and put away right winger Jary-Ryan for a try converted by full-back Jackson to take the score 15-12. Holt drew level from a penalty by Jackson and took the lead when left winger, Riley, showed his pace for a try converted by Jackson, for 22-15.
Holt then ran out of steam and were pinned in their own half, conceding several penalties, two of which were converted.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors showed their superior fitness to score a further two tries, both of which were converted to seal a 33-22 win.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland