Holt 63, Vigo 22
Holt cruised into the fifth round of the Junior Vase after an emphatic win over their visitors from Kent.
The hosts found themselves 7-0 down early on but equalised on 20 minutes when Wright went over for a try and with Allen converting the scores were level at 7-7.
Vigo then converted a penalty before Holt took control, Graham Ilsley charging down an attempted clearance kick to set the ball rolling. Further tries came from Rumsby, set up by Ilsley, Bessent and Girling, with Allen converting them all to make it 35-10 at the break.
To their credit Vigo kept battling away in the second half and they quickly scored two tries, one of which was converted, to reduce the arrears to 35-22.
The siege was finally broken when Jarry-Ryan latched on to a loose ball and used his speed to score a much needed try, which was converted by Mears.
This score gave Holt the necessary impetus to take the game into their opponents' half and further tries came from Daniel Ilsley, Jarry-Ryan and Rumsby, with Mears converting all three.
Vigo brought a second team with them, with Holt II winning 52-7.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment