Holland and Bowman sparkle at Yarmouth
One rider scored a hat trick and another achieved a personal double as Great Yarmouth Racecourse basked in the sun on the final day in May.It completed a successful two-day spring meeting at the Norfolk racecourse.
One rider scored a hat trick and another achieved a personal double as Great Yarmouth Racecourse basked in the sun on the final day in May.
It completed a successful two-day spring meeting at the Norfolk racecourse.
Big Noise won on his racing debut in the opening WaterAid Median Auction Maiden Stakes at 4-1 for Newmarket trainer Dr Jon Scargill and Darryll Holland.
The rider then went on to victory in the Essex & Suffolk Water Handicap on High Ambition (9-2), which had won at Great Yarmouth Racecourse on Easter Monday over the same distance of seven furlongs.
Holland completed his three timer when Raise The Goblet took the closing Carillion Handicap at 7-1.
Charlie Delta won for the second time at the Norfolk racecourse this season when taking the Aquazone Claiming Stakes at 15-8.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
The horse's jockey Hugh Bowman then completed his own double when partnering Moody Tunes to win the Holleran Handicap at 10-3 joint favourite for Yorkshire trainer Karl Burke.
Two-year-old filly Longoria (10-11 odds-on favourite) was the easy winner of the BLP WaterAid Selling Stakes in her third race, while the 4-1 chance Bold Minstrel took the Faulknerbrowns Handicap, leading from start to finish in the five-furlong contest.
The next fixture at Great Yarmouth Racecourse is on Thursday June 14 when the first race is currently scheduled for 2.20pm. Admission: Premier Enclosure £17; Grandstand & Paddock £11. Group discounts also available. Accompanied children aged under 16 admitted free. More information can be found at www.greatyarmouth-racecourse.co.uk.