Holland and Bowman sparkle at Yarmouth
One rider scored a hat trick and another achieved a personal double as Great Yarmouth Racecourse basked in the sun on the final day in May.It completed a successful two-day spring meeting at the Norfolk racecourse.
One rider scored a hat trick and another achieved a personal double as Great Yarmouth Racecourse basked in the sun on the final day in May.
It completed a successful two-day spring meeting at the Norfolk racecourse.
Big Noise won on his racing debut in the opening WaterAid Median Auction Maiden Stakes at 4-1 for Newmarket trainer Dr Jon Scargill and Darryll Holland.
The rider then went on to victory in the Essex & Suffolk Water Handicap on High Ambition (9-2), which had won at Great Yarmouth Racecourse on Easter Monday over the same distance of seven furlongs.
You may also want to watch:
Holland completed his three timer when Raise The Goblet took the closing Carillion Handicap at 7-1.
Charlie Delta won for the second time at the Norfolk racecourse this season when taking the Aquazone Claiming Stakes at 15-8.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
The horse's jockey Hugh Bowman then completed his own double when partnering Moody Tunes to win the Holleran Handicap at 10-3 joint favourite for Yorkshire trainer Karl Burke.
Two-year-old filly Longoria (10-11 odds-on favourite) was the easy winner of the BLP WaterAid Selling Stakes in her third race, while the 4-1 chance Bold Minstrel took the Faulknerbrowns Handicap, leading from start to finish in the five-furlong contest.
The next fixture at Great Yarmouth Racecourse is on Thursday June 14 when the first race is currently scheduled for 2.20pm. Admission: Premier Enclosure £17; Grandstand & Paddock £11. Group discounts also available. Accompanied children aged under 16 admitted free. More information can be found at www.greatyarmouth-racecourse.co.uk.