Hipperson’s late goal earns the points for Norwich United
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Heybridge Swifts 0 Norwich Utd 1
A late winner from Adam Hipperson earned the Planters all three points.
Hipperson's 85th-minute strike lifted the Planters to third place in the table ahead of tomorrow's derby at Dereham Town.
United started strongly, but it was the hosts who went close on 15 minutes when Michael Solako shot narrowly wide. The visitors turned possession into firm chances on the half hour with Ben Jones' cross from deep on the right headed just wide by Shaun Wones.
The second half saw fewer chances as the defences imposed themselves. Norwich City's on-loan youngster Jamie Eaton-Collins was given no space thanks to the efforts of Watts and Andy Eastaugh, back from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Just as the game looked to be heading to a goalless draw Tim Henery took advantage of hesitation in the home defence and took the ball into the Swifts area before unselfishly cutting it back for Hipperson to slot home.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?