Hipperson’s late goal earns the points for Norwich United
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Heybridge Swifts 0 Norwich Utd 1
A late winner from Adam Hipperson earned the Planters all three points.
Hipperson's 85th-minute strike lifted the Planters to third place in the table ahead of tomorrow's derby at Dereham Town.
United started strongly, but it was the hosts who went close on 15 minutes when Michael Solako shot narrowly wide. The visitors turned possession into firm chances on the half hour with Ben Jones' cross from deep on the right headed just wide by Shaun Wones.
The second half saw fewer chances as the defences imposed themselves. Norwich City's on-loan youngster Jamie Eaton-Collins was given no space thanks to the efforts of Watts and Andy Eastaugh, back from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Just as the game looked to be heading to a goalless draw Tim Henery took advantage of hesitation in the home defence and took the ball into the Swifts area before unselfishly cutting it back for Hipperson to slot home.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars