Hethersett & Tas Valley dream of Lord’s as they prepare for area final of Village Cup
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Hethersett & Tas Valley will look to keep their hopes of playing at Lord's alive on Sunday.
The south Norfolk team host Cambridgeshire side Foxton in the area final of the Davidstow Village Cup, with the winner set to progress to the national rounds of the competition.
Victory would move Hethersett to within four rounds of playing in the competition's final at the home of English cricket.
Now into its 42nd year, 320 clubs entered this year's knockout competition from as far as Methlick in Scotland to Ludgvan in Penzance.
The two national finalists will also be accommodated in the same hotel used by the England team and provided with cup final suits, thanks to T.M. Lewin, the official formal wear suppliers of Alastair Cook's men.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett beat Thriplow by 110 runs in the first round of the Cambs and Norfolk group, before getting walkover's against Norfolk neighbours Hemsby in the second round and Reach in the third round.
Great Melton and Brooke were the other Norfolk sides involved, with Brooke beating Melton by four wickets in the second round before losing by eight wickets after Foxton bowled them out for 57 in the third round.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
The match is scheduled to get under way at the Tas Valley Cricket Ground, in Flordon, at 1pm.