Hethersett & Tas Valley dream of Lord’s as they prepare for area final of Village Cup
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Hethersett & Tas Valley will look to keep their hopes of playing at Lord's alive on Sunday.
The south Norfolk team host Cambridgeshire side Foxton in the area final of the Davidstow Village Cup, with the winner set to progress to the national rounds of the competition.
Victory would move Hethersett to within four rounds of playing in the competition's final at the home of English cricket.
Now into its 42nd year, 320 clubs entered this year's knockout competition from as far as Methlick in Scotland to Ludgvan in Penzance.
The two national finalists will also be accommodated in the same hotel used by the England team and provided with cup final suits, thanks to T.M. Lewin, the official formal wear suppliers of Alastair Cook's men.
Hethersett beat Thriplow by 110 runs in the first round of the Cambs and Norfolk group, before getting walkover's against Norfolk neighbours Hemsby in the second round and Reach in the third round.
Great Melton and Brooke were the other Norfolk sides involved, with Brooke beating Melton by four wickets in the second round before losing by eight wickets after Foxton bowled them out for 57 in the third round.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
The match is scheduled to get under way at the Tas Valley Cricket Ground, in Flordon, at 1pm.