Hethel’s India Bussey’s Olympia date in Pony Club Mini Major
India Bussey, 11, from Hethel, has beaten off stiff competition from hopefuls up and down the country to secure a place in this year's coveted Pony Club Mini Major competition at Olympia, The London International Horse Show.
India, a pupil at Town Close School and a member of South Norfolk Pony Club, is one of the top show jumpers in the region. Along with her pony Lackamore Flyer (Bob) she is one of just eight talented young pony riders selected to compete in the Mini Major, which takes place on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 19. This event will see her paired with a world-class professional rider and they will compete as a team in an 'against the clock' show jumping competition.
The eight young riders will get the chance to spend time with the world's leading talent, such as Nick Skelton, Ben Maher, Scott Brash and Peter Charles, members of the London 2012 Olympics British gold medal winning team. India said: 'Bob and I are very excited about jumping at Olympia and we can't wait to find out who our international rider will be.
'My sister, Atiya and I are training hard and are keeping Bob in tip top condition and with the help of supplements from my sponsors Feedmark he is performing at his best.'
Atiya has been competing Bob more this year, but India and the coloured pony also have an excellent track record, picking up two third place prizes at last year's SCOPE show jumping festival. The partnership has been together for about four years and India was selected for the ride at Olympia thanks to her consistently good results.
You may also want to watch:
'I don't really have a preference which rider I get picked to ride with, it will just be really exciting,' she added.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland