Harlow Town 1 Wroxham 1 – New leaders fight back to earn draw
- Credit: Ian Burt
Wroxham kept their play-off ambitions on track with a deserved 1-1 draw at Harlow Town – who moved top of the table with their point.
The stalemate keeps the Yachtsmen in the play-off positions, although AFC Sudbury's 3-0 win over Burnham Ramblers meant they dropped down to fifth, two points ahead of local rivals Dereham.
The hosts came out quicker in an open start, Shane Stamp testing Elliot Pride early on with a well struck shot. Wroxham responded in kind, Kyle Baker volleying over on 15 minutes, before Danny White sent an arrowing drive towards the top corner that Andy Walker superbly tipped over.
The Yachtsmen broke the deadlock on 25 minutes, White again finding space down the right to control the ball expertly, before driving an effort across Walker and into the far corner.
Walker then denied Jordan King two minutes later when the Wroxham man was free from 10 yards out, before the hosts began to regain a foothold in the game.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Gorbell headed over when well placed on 35 minutes, before goal machine Alex Read restored parity on 40 minutes, collecting Josh Urquhart's lofted ball before sending a lovely 20-yard strike over Pride and in.
James Smith struck the bar on the stroke of half-time, before the Yachtsmen came out fighting again at the start of the second period.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
David Cowley sliced over for the hosts with 20 minutes remaining and Kyle Baker had an effort that cannoned back off the crossbar two minutes later for Wroxham, as the two sides settled for a point.
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Rust (Forshaw 81), Hinton, Price, Halliday, Garrod (Stone 87), White, King, Finch (Guyton 88), Baker.
Harlow Town: Walker, Martin, Eadie, Urquhart, Gorbell, Simms, Dadson (Appiah 79), Cowley, Read, Smith, Stamp. Unused subs: Antoine, Glasgow, Jones, Wicker.