Harlow 10, Norwich 32
Despite falling behind early on Norwich responded with a fine team performance to record a win and collect their first bonus point.
Harlow started well and Norwich were having difficulty in the scrum, not helped by the loss of David Byrne, who in the course of a tackle collided with a concrete post. After a hospital check he returned to the club.
Norwich started to run at Harlow and there was some good interplay between the backs and forwards, with some strong runs from Jonny Wheater and Jordi Walker and Gareth Leake having a particularly good game.
Norwich conceded a penalty following an offside offence, which was converted, and then Harlow broke through from a line-out and and ran through at least three tackles to score. Norwich hit back when JC Brown stepped up to convert a penalty, the first points in a first team league game for the 17-year-old. The visitors then scored their first try as Dave Micklethwaite touched down under the posts following a good drive from Si Darby, Brown converting.
With Norwich playing down the slight slope in the second half they continued to press and were awarded a penalty which was missed by Jay O'Brien, who missed a similar chance a short while later.
The Norwich line-out was working well and securing a good supply of ball for the backs, although the next score came from a forwards' drive led by Ives, who forced another penalty from Harlow, this time converted by O'Brien.
Norwich scored again when Wheater fielded a loose Harlow kick up field to launch an attack, which saw him jink through several tackles before finally putting Parrott in to touch down, converted by O'Brien. Another break saw the full back being tackled into touch – from the line-out the forwards drove and Darby was awarded the score.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
Norwich were now on top and only a few dropped passes and kicks when there were obvious overlaps, prevented even more scores.
Norwich got their final score and the bonus point through Walker following a great passage of play from both backs and forwards, in particular Ives, Leake and Hosking.