Harleston Town close gap on leaders Spixworth after Mulbarton win
- Credit: Archant
The Anglian Combination Premier Division title race took a swing in Harleston Town's favour as Adam Gusterson's side closed the gap on leaders Spixworth to just eight points.
Harleston, who have played two games fewer than Spixworth, were 1-0 winners away at fourth-placed Mulbarton Wanderers. Nicky Howell struck the all-important winner 12 minutes from time just as Mulbarton looked like they could sneak the points.
Meanwhile Spixworth, who face Mulbarton next weekend themselves, were on the end of a surprise 3-1 defeat at seventh-placed St Andrews.
It looks set to be a fight to the finish for the top two, who will face each other on the final day of the Anglian Combination season on Saturday, May 6.
Elsewhere Acle were 2-0 winners over Blofield to move up to third in the table whilst Reepham beat Norwich Ceyms 5-2.
James Benrose got the only goal of the game as Long Stratton beat Waveney.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack