Harleston Town close gap on leaders Spixworth after Mulbarton win
- Credit: Archant
The Anglian Combination Premier Division title race took a swing in Harleston Town's favour as Adam Gusterson's side closed the gap on leaders Spixworth to just eight points.
Harleston, who have played two games fewer than Spixworth, were 1-0 winners away at fourth-placed Mulbarton Wanderers. Nicky Howell struck the all-important winner 12 minutes from time just as Mulbarton looked like they could sneak the points.
Meanwhile Spixworth, who face Mulbarton next weekend themselves, were on the end of a surprise 3-1 defeat at seventh-placed St Andrews.
It looks set to be a fight to the finish for the top two, who will face each other on the final day of the Anglian Combination season on Saturday, May 6.
Elsewhere Acle were 2-0 winners over Blofield to move up to third in the table whilst Reepham beat Norwich Ceyms 5-2.
You may also want to watch:
James Benrose got the only goal of the game as Long Stratton beat Waveney.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront