Harleston Magpies Ladies hoping home advantage will erase memory of defeat against St Albans
Harleston Magpies Ladies will be hoping their good home form doesn't desert them as they aim to get back on track this afternoon.
The Magpies take on visiting St Albans – starting at 12.30pm – a week after suffering a disappointing 2-1 defeat at East Grinstead.
Once again an early goal and a poor first-half performance cost the Magpies, who went 2-0 down early in the second half. On the plus side the team played much better in the second half and showed their character. Charlotte Harrison scored with six minutes to go but unfortunately it did not give the team long enough to push for the equaliser.
The Magpies could have had a result from the game – they were awarded more penalty corners than in any other match this season.
St Albans bring a different challenge. The Magpies played them in the opening game of the season, losing 1-0. And the visitors will be full of confidence, having won 2-1 away to league leaders Holcombe last week.
The Magpies need to get back on track as soon as possible but their home form has been good this season.
St Albans are currently in fourth place one place and one point ahead of the Magpies so the incentive is there to move up the table. Emma Lee-Smith will not be available again, nor will Louise Jukes and Amy Campbell. Elizabeth Clymer makes a welcome return to the squad.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
Squad: Lucy Miller (captain), Hayley Toleman (vice-captain), Charlotte Lee-Smith, Louisa Greenacre, Kath Johnson, Elizabeth Jones, Sophie Mullan, Charlotte Harrison, Lauren Barber, Lizzie Clymer, Katherine Ridley, Georgina Minta, Angie Wheelhouse, Hannah Palmer.