Harleston Magpies Ladies finish promising season in fourth place
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies turned in an excellent display in their final match of the season to beat St Albans 4-0 and secure an excellent fourth place finish.
Cheered on by a big crowd at The Nest, Magpies got their noses in front in the 33rd minute when Elizabeth Clymer provided the finishing touch after a counter-attack.
The hosts got their second goal early in the second half as Maria Andrews picked up a loose ball in the circle and flicked it in to the goal.
Not long after the same player hit the target from a short corner to become top scorer in the league, with a first team player-of-the-season award to follow after the game.
The final goal was scored after some great skill by Abby Gooderham, who calmly flicked the ball home to make it 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Findlay and Charlotte Peet were named young player-of-the-season and captain's player-of-the-season respectively.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency