Harleston Magpies Ladies sunk by two penalty corner goals
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies went down 2-1 to a strong Cambridge City side in a hard-fought encounter at Weybread.
Cambridge started strongly and were first to score from a well executed penalty corner.
The visitors then won a penalty stroke but Olympic gold medalist Helen Richardson-Walsh was denied by a superb stop from Charlotte Peet.
That gave Magpies a lift and they started to attack with more confidence, with Lizzie Clymer and Rose Winter playing some excellent balls through to the forward line.
They equalised when Debbie Francis won the ball from Richardson-Walsh in midfield and passed to Winter who found Abby Gooderham on the baseline. She carried the ball into the D and squared to Clymer who comfortably slotted the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The second half brought fast attacking play from both sides but Magpies were unable to convert the chances that came their way and Cambridge won it with another penalty corner.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans