Harleston Magpies beaten as Richardson-Walsh stars
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies were beaten 3-0 at a strong Cambridge City side in their third East Conference fixture of the season.
With an ever increasing injury list and school fixtures making some of the younger players unavailable, Magpies called up Laura Tibbenham and Olivia Locke to make their National League debuts.
As the first-half progressed Cambridge's Olympic gold medallist Helen Richardson-Walsh began to take control of midfield and the hosts went in front on 15 minutes following after a fine move down the left.
For the remainder of the first half Cambridge continued to control the game without really putting Magpies' keeper Charlotte Peet under too much pressure.
The visitors won a number of short corners at the start of the second half and a Lucy Whiting effort struck the woodwork.
You may also want to watch:
But Cambridge rode the storm making it 2-0 following a quick free-hit and completing a deserved win when Richardson-Walsh converted a penalty flick.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree