Halvergate knocked out of Norwich Cup by Bob Carter
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Cup holders Halvergate have been knocked out at the quarter-final stage after losing heavily at Bob Carter.
The opening session was drawn as Elaine Willies, Nigel Willard and Melvin Woods beat Simon Warnes' triple 10-3 but Roy Walker and Keith Cooke replied by beating Jason Woods and Simon Willies 8-5 after scoring four shots on the first end of their pairs game. That was as good as it got for the cup holders though as Bob Carter won all their remaining games to record a 14-2 points win.
In the other Norwich Cup quarter-final tie played this week Hevingham won 12-4 at home to City League side Sprowston scoring 86 shots against 38.
The top of the table clash in the Bure League saw Halvergate win 8-2 at home to East Tuddenham.
Thorpe Marriott are on top of the City of Norwich League following an 11-3 home win against mid-table Framingham Earl as defending champions Horsford BC slipped up at Sprowston.
You may also want to watch:
It was only Sprowston's third win from twelve games so this result will be seen as a shock defeat that Thorpe Marriott took advantage of. Third-placed Jarrolds kept in touch with the top two by beating Horsford Heroes 12-2. Other games saw Windows slump to a 13-1 home defeat against Deaf Sports and British Rail win 12-2 at home to County Council, but there was a better result for County Council on their own mats as they beat Horsford Heroes 12-2.
Wymondham are now on a roll in the Breckland League and Shropham had no answer to the far more experienced home side that contained 11 either current or former Norfolk Squad bowlers.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Second-placed Connaught Rode also scored a 10-0 points win when they visited bottom club Connaught B while Harling Griffin won 6-4 at home to Banham and Harling Unicorns won 6-4 at Connaught B.
Hempnall made it seven straight wins in the South Norfolk League with a 10-0 home win against Wreningham, Paul Baker's triple led the way with an 18-6 win. Second-placed Horsford won 7-3 at Hingham where Vic Webster's triple stormed to a 23-5 win.
In the Coastal Cup table Bradwell Dynamos lead Woodbastwick Owls by just three points after a 13-5 win at Bradwell Robins.