Halvergate cruise through in NCSMBA Summer Cup
- Credit: Archant
NCSMBA Summer Cup action saw Halvergate visit Watton protecting an 8-0 lead from the first leg.
Watton's poor form this season gave them little hope of turning things around and Halvergate made sure of progress into the next round winning all four games for another 8-0 win.
Kerry Greenacre, Keith Baker & Keith Cooke beat Malcolm Southgate's triple 19-9 and Roger Braham's triple 18-14 while Anne Baker, Ray Lamb & Robbie Lamb beat Roger Braham's triple 14-13 and Malcolm Southgate's triple 16-9.
This left the aggregate scoreline at 16-0 to Halvergate with 155 shots against 77.
In the next round Halvergate will meet Division Two side First Bus.
You may also want to watch:
In the other cup match played this week Forncett went down 8-0 at Diss in the first leg of their first round tie and will face a difficult task if they are to make it through to the next round.
Colin Smith, Peggy Bertrum & Bill Francis opened with a 20-8 win against Peter Lock's triple with Jill Davidson, Trish Taylor & Russell Davidson adding a 13-12 win against Rebecca Humphreys.
- 1 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 2 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 6 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
After the break two more wins followed for Diss with Keith Buck, Tony Oram & Graham Mobbs beating Peter Lock 19-11 and Morris Taylor, Karl Newby & Terry Newby winning 13-12 against Rebecca Humphreys.
The result leaves Diss needing just a single point from the second leg to earn themselves a place in the semi-finals.
Diss also moved top of the Summer League Division Two with a 5-3 home win against Hingham.
Their winning triples were Morris Taylor, Keith Buck & Terry Newby who beat Keith Thomas 16-13 and Colin Smith, Peggy Bertrum & Bill Francis who beat Eileen Herbert's triple 20-7.
Ann Biddulph, Angela Bond & Graham Mobbs drew 13-13 against John Higgs' triple to make sure of the home win.
Will Townsend, Graham Tweed & Keith Thomas scored Hingham's only win beating Russell Davidson's triple 15-10.
In the Afternoon Summer League Shropham won 8-0 at home to Harling with Gordon Wilcox winning 13-8 & 12-5 and Richard Broad winning by 13-6 and 14-10.